Backbone.js Cookbook contains a series of recipes that provide practical, step-by-step solutions to the problems that may occur during frontend application development using an MVC pattern. You will learn how to build Backbone applications utilizing the power of popular Backbone extensions and integrating your app with different third party libraries. You will also learn how to fulfill the requirements of the most challenging tasks.
The first chapter of the book introduces you to the MVC paradigm and teaches you how to architect rich Internet applications operating with basic concepts of Backbone.js. During the reading of this book you will learn how to solve challenging problems leveraging Backbone objects such as models, collections, views, routers, and so on.
You learn how to use forms, layouts, templating engines, and other Backbone extensions, which will help you to complete specific features of your application. You will understand how to bind a model to a DOM element. You will see how perfectly Backbone.js integrates with third party libraries and frameworks such as jQuery, Zepto, Underscore.js, Require.js, Mustache.js, Twitter Bootstrap, jQueryMobile, PhoneGap and many others. This book will guide you in how to optimize and test your applications, create your own Backbone extensions, and share them with the open source community.
What you will learn from this book
- Architecting and building dynamic web applications in an MVC style
- Modeling business logic with Backbone models and collections
- Rendering data with Backbone views
- Routing URLs within your application
- Communicating with a RESTful service
- Using HTML5 local storage to store models and collections
- Optimizing and testing Backbone applications
- Writing your own Backbone extensions
- Ensuring compatibility with search engines
- Creating mobile apps with jQueryMobile and PhoneGap
The post Backbone.js Cookbook appeared first on All IT eBooks.
Read Source: Backbone.js Cookbook»